When you have a breast augmentation procedure, it can be a significant challenge if you do not have the results you want. Due to the nature of the procedure, some patients may experience complications that can interfere with the enjoyment of their results. If you are experiencing capsular contracture in Beverly Hills after a breast augmentation, Dr. Gabbay can provide a way back to loving your results. Contact Gabbay Plastic Surgery today to set up your consultation and learn if you are a candidate for capsular contracture treatment.
What Is Capsular Contracture?
- Firmness or tightness in the breast
- Discomfort or pain
- Restricted range of motion
- Changes in the shape of the breast
- Changes to the position of the breast or implant
Is Capsular Contracture Dangerous?
for a consultation!
How Is Capsular Contracture Treated?
Dr. Gabbay offers capsular contracture treatment for Beverly Hills patients. Treatment may involve a:
- Capsulotomy: releasing of the fibrous capsule that has formed around the implant through a small incision.
- Capsulectomy: In some cases, replacement or removal of the implants may be recommended, depending on your individual case. Your surgeon may then replace the implant with another wrapped in a special material to form a protective layer.
- Autologous reconstruction: When the implant is removed but not replaced, you still have the option of restoring the lost breast volume through autologous reconstruction. Instead of an implant, your surgeon will use tissue from another body area (such as body fat) to restore breast volume.
However, Dr. Gabbay will always look for a way to preserve your results when treating this condition, allowing you to finally enjoy the benefits of your breast augmentation procedure.
Dr. Gabbay’s capsular contracture treatment for Beverly Hills patients is tailored to meet individual needs and preferences to help you regain your desired look and feel after breast augmentation.
Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Capsular Contracture
Though capsular contracture may still occur even if you take every precaution, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk. Dr. Gabbay recommends that patients follow all post-operative instructions carefully and maintain a healthy lifestyle to improve healing and reduce the risk of capsular contracture. Since the precise cause of this condition in individual patients can vary and is not entirely understood yet, reducing risk factors is key. While you cannot control genetic factors, by keeping the treatment area clean and focusing on proper recovery, you can reduce the risk significantly.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you believe you may be experiencing capsular contracture after breast augmentation, contact Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery today to learn more about capsular contracture treatment in Beverly Hills. Schedule your consultation today to start working with a premier cosmetic surgeon in the Beverly Hills area. Dr. Gabbay is ready to help you achieve your desired results and restore your confidence with capsular contracture treatment.